Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I heard a secret today....

 
Was what the teacher told me today as she put Ethan and Daniel into the car ....Its true I told her! We are excited to say that we will be welcoming a baby into our home around June 2 2013! I can hardly believe it myself!
We had an ultrasound after my first appointment to determine the due date because I was measuring a bit bigger. According to the ultrasound I was about five days further along but they will keep my due date as June 2 for now. It was a huge blessing to be able to have an ultrasound and see this precious life moving and alive! This past summer we had learned that we were pregnant and were so excited. However, we lost the baby due to miscarriage. It was hard. It was difficult. I assumed that when we were "ready" to have more kids we would get pregnant and everything would be perfect. The odds were in our favor.  Well that was not in Gods plan. It was heartbreaking. Totally unexpected. Looking back over the past five months it still doesn't make sense but my heart has continued to heal in different ways from losing Elias and another baby. Two losses...two children....two babies that I will not be able to nurture and care for but that are together in Heaven. How awesome to think about and that one day I too will get to spend eternity with them. So as we progress in this pregnancy and everything appears to be going well, we pray. Pray for life, Pray for healing, Pray for trust, Pray that this sweet child comes home with us. My heart is truly full of blessings thanking God that He has allowed another life to be growing  and trusting me to care for that life as long as it may be.
 
"I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction. out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God..." Psalm 40:1-3
 
 

2 comments:

Cory and Beth said...

Congratulations, Jess! So excited for you and Corey!!

Anitra said...

:)