Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas

We had a fabulous Christmas weekend. We spent Christmas Eve at my moms house and enjoyed a great evening of food, laughs and gifts. Ella was not feeling too well. She has been fighting runny nose/cough for week but the day before Christmas Eve she ran a fever. Despite her not feeling well she was a trooper. We decided to stay home from church since she was not feeling well. The kids did so well opening their gifts Christmas morning. They rotated opening between the two of them, waiting until the other was done before opening another gift. It was so fun to see them get excited and be able to open on their own this year. After good naps we headed to Corey's parents house. The kids have so much fun playing with their cousins. I am disappointed I did not get more pictures.
My grief had been so heavy up until Christmas and I was actually having a little anxiety about the actual days. But thanks to prayers and the peace of the Lord they were great days. I was overjoyed to think of Elias in heaven celebrating and truly had a peace that only my God can bring. I still imagine daily of what our life would be with a 10 month old crawling around and what joy and blessing he would be bringing our life. Missing him physically but knowing my heart is blessed by being able to be called his mother. Knowing he has changed me even though he is not here with me. He holds a place in my soul that belongs only to him. Love you sweet Elias.

No comments: