Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Ella!


Our sweet little girl turned two! Its hard to believe that it has been two years since we welcomed this adorable girl into our family. On Ella's birthday we tried to make her day as special as possible. She had balloons when she woke up and a banner for her day. One year ago on her first birthday we found out about Elias' condition. The week leading up to diagnosis day and her birthday was extremely hard. It was like we were reliving those moments and days all over again. There were a lot of tears and deep heartache felt. However there was some restoration that happened over these days. I had to let go of some grief I had been holding on to. Let go and allow God to show me His love and mercy over me and this valley. I believe that through the valley the Lord continues to refine my heart and mind so that I am eternally focused instead of the things of this Earth.
Ella is talking SO much. She loves taking care of her baby dolls and her new loving family dollhouse she got for her birthday. Ella also enjoys reading books, cooking in her play kitchen and cars with her big brother. Ella's hair has finally started growing a little and we have enough for two little pigtails (pictures of first pigtails above). Ella still loves to be rocked and held when not playing, she loves her snuggle time. We are so blessed by her!
"Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. " Psalm 62:8

1 comment:

Jeffrey and Tiffany said...

I can't believe she is 2 already! She is such a cutie and I love the pig tails (I might need you to teach me how to do that in a couple of months...so far all I have managed is a bow that clips in Coley's hair.) We are still praying for you guys and I am glad to hear that Ella had a good 2nd birthday. :)