Thursday, August 18, 2011

6 months

It has been six months since I held this little hand.
Six months of sadness.
Six months of tears.
Six months of discoveries.
Six months of missing my sweet little boy.
Six months of wondering what was next.
Six months of emotions.
Six months of empty arms.
Six months of an empty heart.
Six months of missing milestones.
Six months of getting stronger.
Six months of my faith being tested at times.
Six months of learning how to share my heart.
Six months of learning to let go and pray.
Six months of hope.
Six months of never forgetting.
Missing Elias in my arms today. I hurt because he is gone but I rejoice because he was here.
"Weep Not. Pray to God with all your heart. To pray often is almost to conquer." ~Gustavus

1 comment:

Amy G. said...

What a precious gift God gave you! I can't imagine the emptiness you must feel on this earth without your precious Elias, but I am convinced God will use this event in your life for good. Jessica, you are such an encouragement to others, and I know God is going to use this experience in your life to help others BIG TIME!!!!