Tuesday, August 23, 2011

17 hours and 4 minutes

Those hours that Elias was here with us on earth was a magnificent moment in my life I will never forget. Those hours, his life have laid something on my heart that can never be erased. I had a great opportunity to go away this last weekend with my closest girlfriends to a Woman of Faith conference. Right after Elias passed away I found out that Angie Smith was going to be speaking and I HAD to go. Angie's blog and book have been a huge encouragement to my walk, you can read about her story here.
This weekend was awesome and brought so much light and inspiration to a heart that was being torn and broken by grief. This summer as I have been learning to walk the journey of grief I knew there was something grand on the other side but I needed to walk through the grief first. As I tried to ignore my feelings of sadness and emptiness I soon learned that those coping mechanisms would not work. So I took the first step and shared what was really on my heart with my hubby and two close friends a few weeks ago. I had been praying that God would help me resolve those issues but knew I must physically speak those words to help the healing begin. As I took that step I knew that God was preparing my soul for healing and restoration. I never could of imagined the dreams and goals He would lay on my heart. Who knew that 17 hours and 4 minutes of an earthly life would make such a statement felt and heard across so many lives! I am not sure where those dreams and goals will take me but I do know that I am allowing my Heavenly Father to be the one leading me down the path!!!
"Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, For in You do I trust; Cause me to know the way in which I should walk. For I lift up my soul to You." Psalm 143:8

1 comment:

Amy G. said...

Oh my Goodness!! I just heard Angie speak in Birmingham and looved her! How neat that you got to meet her!