Sunday, May 15, 2011

Kleenax and a Candle

My emotions are going crazy. I am not sleeping well, not feeling well. I am sad. I am overwhelmed with loss and pain. Its hard for me to see close friends and not cry. My heart is crying and I can not hide it.
I think with time things will get easier but it seems right now that it is getting a little harder. But I think that is how grief works. The loss of my son will never be easy or without heartache but healing and restoration will cover my wound. Its hard for me to even verbalize how my heart is so heavy with tears that all I can do is cry them out. I am thankful for my "Kleenex and candle" friends. No words even need to be spoken with these friends. I can just lay my head on their shoulder and weep. They offer me the encouragement and love I need. I am forever grateful for these friends.
"We all need Kleenex and candle friends when we suffer loss. Compassionate companions who give us permission to cry and offer a Kleenex or their tears. When the darkness of discouragement comes they encircle us. Our heroes of hope light the way to brighter tomorrows and to the One who is truth and our eternal encouragement. And at the right season, we can pass on what we have received to others...a Kleenex and a candle. "~Kathe Wunnenberg
Even when I think no one understands my pain, my heartache, my sadness, my loss, my crazy emotions there is One that does. I am not alone. God is here with me. He understand my pain and suffering. He knows what I am thinking and feeling before I ever say a word.
"Blessed are those who mourn. For they shall be comforted."Matthew 5:4

"And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulations produces perseverance and perseverance, character and character, hope."Romans 5:3-4

3 comments:

Cory, Beth, and Izabella said...

You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3

Praying for you, Jessica!

Jeffrey and Tiffany said...

I still think about you a ton and I keep praying for you. I know that God will see you through and even though I can't be there to be one of your Kleenax and Candle friends I am so thankful you have some close by! Miss you, Corey, and the kids!

Anitra said...

I love you, Jess!