Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Necklaces I wear

I have been given three special necklaces from very special people. I wear them everyday, all together. How could I ever choose which one to wear? They all tell my story perfectly.

The first necklace I received from one of my best friends Mary, had a poem with it called "No Tears in Heaven". The charm is a teardrop. Here is the poem:

There are no tears in Heaven, so I have left behind this single, little teardrop to lovingly remind though absent from the body, I'm present with the Lord; the joy of my salvation is now my full reward. And just as God has promised, He's wiped my tears away, and nothing can compare to the wonder of that day. So wear this in my memory, and know that up above there are no tears in Heaven instead there's only Love.

The second necklace I received was from my mother and sisters. It is a single teardrop with two rose quartz stones. Here is the saying that came with the necklace.

Rose quartz is a stone of unconditional love and emotional healing. It emanates unconditional love and nurturance, supporting us through our grieving. It is truly a balm for the spirit and the heart. The teardrop represents the tears that we must cry, the sorrow that we must release, in order to begin to heal from our loss. As a gift, this necklace tells our loved ones that we care about their sorrow and their grief, that we understand the need for tears, that we are here to hold them close and offer comfort.

The third necklace came from a dear friend from church, Kristen. It is a mothers necklace. A stone to represent each of my babies. Garnet for Ethan, born January 18th. Saphire for Ella, born September 21st. Amethyst for Elias, born February 18th. Even when I do not have the strength to tell someone I have three children; the necklace will represent each one when I can not.

I am so thankful for each of these. Don't they tell my story perfectly? Life is going on but the pain is still here. Can not wait to hold him again!

No comments: