Thursday, February 10, 2011

Doctors Visit

We had our doctors appointment this afternoon with no expectations. We left everything in the Lords hands and for his timing. Nothing has changed as far as my body progressing further toward delivery so we have another appointment scheduled for next Thursday morning. If I have not had Elias before then we will go in Thursday night for an induction. The doctor who will be on call next weekend delivered Ethan and we are totally comfortable with him helping us through this delivery. Not sure if I ever shared this but at the end of December the high risk doctor we had been seeing let us know he was leaving the practice effective January 1st and would not be able to help in delivering Elias! I was scared and felt a little abandoned. However, after praying and thinking it through, we decided to stay with the practice and see a rotation of doctors. It has been a learning experience for me and I think for our doctors as well. We hopefully have all learned how to communicate better, see others opinions without letting ours get in the way, and that the doctors have seen the love of God through Corey and I.
God has given us the gift of time the last week and hopefully the next week. I was up way too late last night and came up with a list of things that I want to do for Elias and my family before he arrives. I am so thankful for a God that knows everything especially in times when I have no idea!
"You know my sitting down and my rising up;You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down. And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold O Lord, You know it altogether. You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;It is high, I cannot attain it. " Psalm 139:2-6

1 comment:

J said...

Jessica,

I have been reading your blog and your faith is amazing and I am praying for you and your family especially in the upcoming weeks.

Love,
Jenny