Saturday, January 29, 2011

Special Hearts


I have been so blessed by the people who have surrounded themselves around me to lift me up in prayers and words of encouragement. Its hard to believe that they have sacrificed time, energy, prayers and love for our family. I don't seem worthy. My hope and prayer is that I have learned from each of these families and allowed God to work in my life in these areas.
I received an awesome gift. Awesome is probably not the most adequate word but it is truly an amazing gift and work of love. Some woman who are near and dear to my heart put together a scrapbook for Elias. In this scrapbook are some verses I have shared over the past few months, pictures of events I have spent with them while pregnant; and so many words of love for Elias and our family. I am so humbled. I pray that Elias might have the chance to see this book someday.
Ironically today before Ethan's nap we read a bible story and it happened to be the story of Jesus washing the disciples feet. A story where God teaches us to love and give to others like so many people have done for us. John 13: 15-17 "For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you. Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master;nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them."
The encouraging emails that I have received from friends, family, people whom I have not yet met, and this scrapbook have pointed me back to the Lord continuously. My prayer and challenge for myself is that one day I can return these acts just as Jesus has directed us to.

No comments: