Sunday, January 9, 2011

Junk

We had a busy weekend at the Barnes house. We had a mess in our basement, with junk filling almost every corner it seemed. It was time to re-organize and I was super excited. If you don't know, I love to clean, throw out, and create a nice tidy spot for almost everything. We worked most of Saturday afternoon and some of Sunday. We threw out lots of boxes and moved a ton of stuff around. Everything seems to be in a place for now.
It seems as if times in our life we might have "junk" filling every corner of our hearts. Cleaning out our basement was some sort of rejuvenation for me taking all of my junk right to the cross. By taking my junk I mean my burdens that stretch from one corner of my heart to another. I have been struggling the past few weeks with fear of the unknown, sadness, learning how to show and share my emotions (something that was never hard for me before walking through this valley), patience and resentment. While cleaning out our basement, I realized that I need to clean out my heart. Take my sins/burdens/junk to Him, lay them at the cross. He has already forgiven me of them! There is no re-organizing my heart, pushing them from one side to another. They need to be wiped cleaned. I am so grateful they have been wiped cleaned by His sacrifice for me.

At the Foot of the Cross
Where grace and suffering meet
You have shown me your love
Through the judgement you received
And you've won my heart
And you've won my heart

Now I can
Trade these ashes in for beauty
And wear forgiveness like a crown
Coming to kiss the feet of mercy
I lay every burden down
At the foot of the cross
At the foot of the cross

Where I have been made complete
You have given me life
Through death you bore for me
And you have won my heart
Now I can

Trade these ashes in for beauty
And wear forgiveness like a crown
Coming to kiss the feet of mercy
I lay every burden down
At the foot of the cross

2 comments:

Cory, Beth, and Izabella said...

Thinking about you and praying for you!

Jeffrey and Tiffany said...

We are praying for you guys!