Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Messy Jesse

This was my "nickname" growing up. Mostly this came from my family, maybe that is why I am such a germaphobe, clean freak now:)! Kind of awful you might think? Maybe not. I think we are all messy. Messy in the sense that we are all sinners and that it does not matter how big of a clean freak or germaphobe you are; we are all "messy" in light of eternity. There are many things people try to do to remove their messiness, possibly in a job/work, family, money, hobbies. The truth is the only way to get rid of that messiness is to understand and accept the truth and promises of our Lord. We must be cleansed with the blood of Jesus Christ who died on the cross for our sins. For ALL of our messiness is sinfulness. I am so thankful for my Lord and savior. Many people have asked as we walk through this time with Elias how we can be so strong. I am not strong, it is he who strengthens me. For I could not do this without him!
"For you formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my sould knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them. "

Psalm 139 13-16

1 comment:

Two Crazy Coaches said...

You messy? I don't think I can believe that! Continue to rely on God and He will give you the strength you need. Love you!