Thursday, December 30, 2010

Heartache and Hopefulness

My heart is aching more than ever for our sweet Elias. My heart aches for the perfect little boy he is in my eyes. How his big brother and big sister already adore him so much and the fact they will only be able to show him that adoration briefly. I ache for the unknown; how long will he live, will he be able to eat, will he come home, will we meet him alive. My heart aches for all of the things I will miss as a mom- hugs, kisses, naps with a sweet newborn, first words, funny faces, family portraits, birthdays, holidays, and every other milestone I savor with my children. Elias is so prefect its hard to understand but he will be too perfect to stay.
My heart is also hopeful. Hopeful that God might heal Elias and he will be part of the family here on Earth.
"I wait on the Lord, my soul waits, And in His word I do hope." Psalm 130:5

2 comments:

Mary said...

I pray for this too Jess. There is peace in knowing that if anyone can do it God can. It is never too late for HIS perfect timing.

Anitra said...

Me too! Praying for a miracle and knowing that God can do it at any time. Trusting in His will and praying and praying and praying for YOU!