Thursday, December 16, 2010

Elias 12.15 Ultrasound

Last night was our last ultrasound at The Miracle In Me in Niles. It was a little sad to know we were not coming back and a little nerve racking to know the next time we see Elias will be when he is born. We got some awesome pictures of him tonight. He was not covering his face as much as he had done in the past. Our tech took 95 pictures of him! She said normally they take 50-60 but he was being too cute she had to keep taking them. It has been an amazing experience to be able to do these ultrasounds, and I am so thankful this place is here.

Corey and I are working on our birth plan to give to the doctors this Monday. It will be a good opportunity to get alot of the details on paper to share with our team at the hospital. There are so many things to think about and desisions to make in regards to delivery and after. Pray that Corey and I can find some peace while trying to put this together.
There are good days and difficult days; that's the only way to describe this process. I am strong because of my reliance on the Lord, but sad because I do not want to let go. I am not ready to let go and I am glad that time has not yet come. Elias is moving and kicking all day and night and with every kick I am amazed by God's creation. He has given me moments with Elias that no one else will ever understand or get to experience. I am thankful to be Elias' mommy. I have been challenged the last few weeks more than ever to be a stronger woman of faith. The Lord is teaching Corey and I many things through this process. I have felt I was lost in translation the last few months and I am ready to step out and try to hear and DO what God is calling me to do.

Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted on earth!"
Psalm 46:10

3 comments:

Two Crazy Coaches said...

I just want to say I love you and have so much respect for you during this process. I hate how we only talk in passing at church and we haven't had a good talk in a long while. Expect a huge hug when you see me on Sunday! :)

Amy said...

Those are great pictures! Praying for you.

Anitra said...

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the pictures. Love you girl!