Saturday, October 23, 2010

Perfect Hands and Feet



Corey and I were blessed to be able to have a 4D ultrasound done this past week. We thought this would be a perfect way to meet our little guy and bond in an unique way. Thanks to the "Woman of Grace Church" and their generosity in giving us a gift certificate to "The Miracle in Me-4D Ultrasound", we now have very special memories of our little boy that we will have for the rest of our lives. I was prepared for the worst, but was hoping for the best in regards to the severity of his anencephaly. It was pretty clear that at this point, God has not decided to do a miracle as the physical affects of anencephaly were very present. Despite the findings, I was still amazed by his perfect hands, feet, and the rest of his perfectly created body. He was very active which made the experience that much more special. There is no question that Elias is a divinely created life, made perfect by God. The ultra sound made everything so much more real for me, and I reminded myself that Elias is a gift from our Lord brought into our life for a special reason. HE is ALL knowing and is working in our hearts to be able to let him go when that time comes. I love Elias so much, and I want God to be glorified through his life. I am praying for God's will whatever that might be. Miralce or no miracle, I will rest in his comfort and protection. I had the opportunity last night to attend "Night with the Chapmans" featuring Steven Curtis Chapman, his two sons and his wife. Two years ago they lost their daughter in a tragic accident at their home. This family has rallied together around Christ and each other to live for His will. Steven Curtis Chapmans son, Caleb, spoke of a dream he had shortly after his sister had passed. In this dream, he was looking at a painting which when viewed up close was very blury. As he moved farther away from the painting, parts of the painting became clear. He paralled this dream to their family situation and realized that the farther they got away from the day of the accident the more clearer this painting was becoming. They will never see all the details of the painting until they are walking with Jesus Christ in Heaven. Only then will they be able to see what a beautiful painting God created through the loss of their child, sister and friend. I thought this was a perfect image of what we all might walk through in life and how God will allow us to completely see the glory in it when we reach Him. It was a great night of worship, tears and laughter. I am so blessed with an amazing group of friends, unsure of what I would do without them.

3 comments:

Cory, Beth, and Izabella said...

Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Our prayers are with you all as you seek God's will!

Jeffrey and Tiffany said...

We are praying for you guys. I wish we could come to IN to meet little Elias and walk with you along this journey! We miss you guys and wish we weren't so far away!

Anitra said...

What sweet pictures, Jess! Elias is such a precious gift. We love him so much! I look forward to seeing the video. It was a great weekend. I am so blessed to call you my friend. Thank you for allowing me to go on this journey with you!