Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"No Pain-No Gain"

Have you ever heard this phrase before? I heard it a lot growing up. In fact, I heard it so much, it could have been our family motto?! The last five days I have been really sick with a sinus/ear infection. Even after delivering two kids, I still have no pain tolerance and a sinus infection can wipe me out. I always think I have never been this sick, but really, this time I don't think I have been this sick in a long time. It all started Thursday night with terrible body aches, waking up to a sore throat and fever. I decided to go to the doctor that day because I have been so run down due to not sleeping well and just everything. I never get strep; but yep, you got it, strep it is. The doctor prescribed amoxicillin, and I was ready to give it 24 hrs. and be back to normal. Well, on Sunday my throat started to feel a little better; however, a little ear ache came my way which has ended up to be a horrible ear infection, ozzy and all. I called the doctor Monday because obviously the antibiotic wasn't working. The doctor switched me over to augmentin which I hope is going to help me feel better by tomorrow morning. I just need to get a good nights rest, whatever that means now, and I think I will feel better. Despite thinking this is the worst I have ever felt, I am reminded of our Saviour and the price he paid for me. "No Pain No Gain". I am not sure this would have been Jesus motto, but I do believe he knew what we would gain through his pain. I am reminded of one of my favorite songs "How Deep The Fathers Love For Us". This song paints a perfect picture of how much our Heavenly Father loves and cares for us.
How Deep the Father's Love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That he would give his only Son
To make a wretch his treasure

How Great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns his face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One
Bring many sons to glory


Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my barking voice
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gift, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection


Why should I gain from his reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

To him I give all the glory and blessing that has been given to Corey and I. Its only because of him I remain strong daily and encouraged by his love and comfort.
" Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding:
In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments: