Friday, October 15, 2010

Family and Friends

I have wanted to share for days how humbled I have felt over and over again over the last few weeks. It first began as Corey and I learned about the journey God was about to carry us through. I felt so overwhelmed by learning God was choosing our family to be his servant to carry Elias, to learn how to completely let go of Elias and give him back to God; and to allow His will and timing to happen. Despite feeling so overwhelmed I continue to have a peace that God will be glorified and that we will be able to show God's love to people around us. Over the last few weeks the amount of people that have offered help, prayer, and support has seriously been amazing! People whom we have not yet had the opportunity to meet are praying. I am humbled by God's choice of me, and I am humbled by the people who have come along side us with prayer and support. I feel as though what we are choosing, life for our son, would be no different than what others would choose for their own children. The only difference being that we know we have to selflessly let go and let God call him home at His divinely appointed time. I am beginning to think that there isn't a way to completely prepare for this. I am thankful that God has given us this time to get to know Elias - love him, talk to him, sing to him, pray for him and with him. Despite all this time there seems as if there is no way my heart or mind can process what will happen when its time for God to call him home. Although there are many unknowns for us, I know my Lord knows ALL and I rest in that. I know there are so many people praying for us and those prayers are being felt daily. I believe by those prayers we have been given the strength we need to continue each day. I am so thankful for your willingness to pray continuously and faithfully.

No comments: