Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Waiting

We are so blessed by all of you who have put your arms around us during this time. We have an amazing family and church family. Corey and I walked out of church on Sunday and said, "Our church is awesome." We are comforted by your prayers and support. You all have truly been a blessing.
This week seems to be never ending. Our situation seems to be never ending. However, two of my closest friends are coming over for lunch tomorrow. It will be good to spend some valuable time with them. I am trying to process what delivery and the time after delivery will be like, and it seems hard to wrap my mind around it. We go back to the doctor on 10/15, so hopefully the doctor can help answer some questions. Corey and I also have decided that we need to get a 3D/4D ultrasound done since our office does not do them. I am excited to be able to see Elias and to do all we can to know him before our Lord decides to take him. I am excited and also nervous for the ultrasound since we will really be able to see the physical affects of anencephaly. At the same time I think it will better prepare us for delivery and our time with Elias. I am praying for the strength that God has given to continue to be strong as the days go by. It is hard to continue in the normalcy of life knowing that our child will not be with us for very long. I feel like I should be spending every moment grieving and praying for him. I also feel like God has given me opportunities to share his love with others, love my children differently, love my husband in a new way, love my Lord in a new way that I would not have been able to if Elias was not given to us. I am so thankful for this sweet child and what he is bringing to my life. Sweet little Elias how I long to hold you and keep you warm, rock you to sleep and snuggle with you. I long to see your smile, hear your laugh, know the color of your eyes. You are already serving our heavenly Father in a way none of us can. Know you are loved, sweet Elias.
"I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living! Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD." Psalms 27:13-14

2 comments:

Amy said...

Praying for you!

JoAnna Price said...

My name is JoAnna Price. I've known your family and Hills Corners for many years. My family were missionaries who your church supported. My husband and lost our baby girl last year to Trisomy 18, a cromosomal defect. She had 7 things wrong with her heart, among many many other defects and deformities. I knew from 18 weeks on that we'd lose her. My heart breaks for your family!!! Please know that you are in our prayers daily! It was only those prayers of the saints that got us through our trial. Prayer works! God can bring you through this like He did for us. Draw near to Him and lean on Him. I've learned that God can turn the most horrible tragedy into the most beautiful blessing! He'll walk with you through this. Just trust Him and His will. He's got a plan for you that's way bigger than you can know right now. Someday you'll look back and understand why this is happening. There is a reason for it. And God wants to use this for your good and His glory! We're praying for you. I know this is so hard, the hardest thing you've probably had to go through. Don't look too far down the road. Let tomorrow take care of itself. God will give you the strength to handle the future WHEN you need. You can overwhelm yourself worrying about what's coming. Wait, rest, and trust in the Lord. Just take it one day at a time. I know you don't know me, but I just went through what you're going through. If you need anything, feel free to email me. jlprice515@yahoo.com I'll be praying for you!!!