Friday, September 24, 2010

Prepartion

For the last four months, I have been preparing my heart, family, and home for a new baby to come into our lives. Preparing for the endless nursing sessions, sleepless nights, double diaper duty, organizing bedrooms, endless laundry (which is already in progress), making sure all my children are loved and their needs are met. However, today while cleaning and organizing I realized that my preparation is different now. I am no longer preparing to bring my child home to our house but to prepare him for the Lord's house. I am preparing my heart so that our sweet Elias's life be given completely over to God. I do not want to get in the way of what God is doing in our lives through this sweet child. I want Him to be in control because I know that I can not. I tend to schedule everything from eating times, nap time, laundry time, play time, devotional time. Whatever can be scheduled I schedule. Its no longer my time to schedule but his. His timing is perfect and I rest in that.

"To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven" Ecclesiastes 3:1

2 comments:

Anitra said...

My type A personality causes me to be at fault when it comes to scheduling. I have to make myself reread James 4:13-15 to remind myself that God is the one truly in control....and I find such comfort in knowing that He is.

Nate said...

Corey and Jessica,

You are amazing examples of parents who love God! "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." I Corinthians 2:9. It comforts me that God prepares a plan for each of our lives and His plans are perfect- no mistakes. I'm praying for you many times each day. Love you all!

Nate