Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Long or Short?

Isn't it so amazing how some weeks seem to fly by and others seem to last forever. Well this last week has been both? Some days seem to take forever to get accomplished and other days seem to end to quickly. To sum up last Thursday morning Corey had his knee surgery. It went well and they were able to repair/remove everything that needed to be. They ended up removing his meniscus due to the severity of the tear. He was pretty out of it Thursday and Friday morning. He had a block done prior to surgery which did not wear off until Friday which he was thankful for. He was pretty much on the couch the entire weekend and headed off to work on Monday morning. Corey is such a great Dad and so helpful with Ethan giving baths and putting to bed most nights until now. It has been challenging to me to go from morning to night with no help. I am so thankful that I have Corey and that Ethan has two parents. It is short lived for me but I know for some it is not which makes me even more grateful. So to say the least I will be glad when he can move around better. He is working his knee with a range of motion machine and also has a brace attached to a cooler to help with pain/swelling. If you remember to please pray for a quick and healthy recovery for him. I was kicking myself on the day of surgery because I had forgotten my camera, I think Corey was happy I did too.
This past week we also had a doctors appointment that went well. The babies heart beat was 145 and measuring right on for 24 weeks. Its hard to believe that its the middle of June! I have the babies room cleaned out, now just need to decorate!
Not much else new in the Barnes household-hope everyone's summer is off to a great start!!!

3 comments:

Jeffrey and Tiffany said...

We are praying for all of you!! Can't wait to see you all.

eyedoc2004 said...

We will be praying for a quick recovery!

The Grasmans said...

You're such a good mom! You can handle everything! We're praying for Corey's recovery and for you too!