Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Wait is Over...

We had our ultrasound today to find out we are having a baby GIRL!!! I was and am about as shocked as anyone. I really thought it was a boy- my family seems to produce the boys but not this time:) She is growing right on schedule for 19 weeks 3 days and weighs 10oz. Her kidney's seem to be dilating too much which means she is retaining too much water. The doctors will do follow up ultra sounds to help monitor the kidneys. The doc we saw today said that most of the time it will self correct at delivery but that we need to keep an eye on it. Now onto a name and another baby nursery to decorate:) I will try to post some ultra sound pictures tomorrow!

6 comments:

Jeffrey and Tiffany said...

Hurray!! I am so excited for you...now I can get rid of some the pink and purple fabric I have. :) We will be praying that her kidneys mature and that everything will be alright. We can't wait to see that belly and then eventually meet her. :)

eyedoc2004 said...

Congratulations! We will be praying that everything continues to go well!

Cory and Amanda Witmer said...

Congratulations!!! I thought I was having a girl and ours is a boy! lol Have fun decorating and picking a name!!!!!!

The Grasmans said...

Yeah!! So excited to have a GIRL added to the bunch:)

Addi said...

Yeah...a girl!!!

But where oh where are those ultrasound pics you promised?! ;)

thegroves said...

aHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST SAW THIS! I'm SO behind the times! YEA!!! A girl! A girl! I knew you were carrying differently! This is so exciting. I can't wait to tell Addie! ;)