Friday, May 8, 2009

New Fun



We have been playing outside a lot the last few weeks and thought it would be nice for Ethan to have a few "outdoor" toys. I think we are planning a swing set very soon but for now his new lawnmower and golf set will have to do. He was so excited to see and play with his two new toys. I think Danny might need to help him on his golf swing- he was mostly chasing the cats with the driver:) Too bad he is not old enough to really mow the lawn as most of you know Corey has torn his ACL. He went back to the orthopedic today for consultation on the MRI he had done on Tuesday. The MRI confirmed he tore his ACL completely and he sprained his MCL, tore his meniscus, and bruised his femur bone. So even though he thought it was getting better the outlook is not too good. He will go through two physical therapy sessions to get the range of motion and than most likely have ACL surgery in about three weeks. I think Corey and I are both a little nervous as this puts him out of service in most areas for most of the summer:( We are praying for a quick healing and I am praying Corey will follow the docs advice:)

3 comments:

Jeffrey and Tiffany said...

I hadn't heard about Corey. :( Poor guy! Keep us updated so we know how to pray but I will definitely be praying that he heals quickly and obeys the doc. Ethan is too cute and I really do think they need to make kids toys "real". Although a lawn mower might be a little dangerous...I was thinking more like a vacuum. We miss you guys and I can't wait to see you all!!

eyedoc2004 said...

Sorry to hear about Corey's knee. That doesn't sound like fun. Hopefully he will heal quickly. We will be praying for him. (and you and Ethan as well!)

Cory and Amanda Witmer said...

Do you have lots of trouble getting him to come inside!? Elijah loves being outside! I'm very thankful for our screened in porch....when it rains we can still be outside! It's hard to believe your little man is getting so big! :) (It's nice to see your baby growing inside you too! :))