Friday, April 10, 2009

St. Louis


We headed into St. Louis Tuesday afternoon and made it in about three hours. Tuesday evening we were able to see the arch and visit a local restaurant. Wednesday was a packed day with the Science center and the court house in the morning, the zoo in the afternoon and dinner in the evening. I totally recommend the St. Louis area for a family. There is an area called Forrest Park where there is the zoo, science center, art museum, history museum and I know a few others I am forgetting. The zoo and the science center were FREE!! It was the best zoo I have ever been to. Way better than Indy and Chicago and of course potawatomi. There were so many neat animals to see. It was a beautiful day and the kids were wonderful. My camera ran out of battery early in the day so I did not get very many pictures but memories to last a lifetime!
Wednesday we headed to an area called the "loop". It was near Washington University and had a very dominate college atmosphere. Here there were stars like in hollywood of people who were either born or had great influence in the St. Louis area. Some of the stars were: John Goodman, Bob Costas, Chuck Berry, Maya Angelou, Jackie Joyner-Kersee. It was neat to see. After visiting the loop it was time for home!!!
We made it home by 6:30 Thursday evening and could not have asked for a better ride home. Home is always a nice place to be after being gone a week!!!

1 comment:

Jeffrey and Tiffany said...

So you liked the science center? Is it better than the the science center in Chicago? (Their chemistry/biochemistry section in Chicago is sooooo out of date.) Maybe we will have to make a trip to St. Louis sometime when Nate's older. I have only been once and it was on my way to PCC as a freshman. Did you sing the "Meet me in St. Louis" song while you were there? I think I would HAVE to sing it the whole time I was visiting the city (I know I am a dork!)