Tuesday, April 21, 2009

15 months

Ethan had his 15 month checkup today and he did really well. Most of you know Ethan has extreme stranger danger anxiety but it seem he may be turning a corner:)! He barely screamed at the doctor and even gave her a smile. I always feel so bad but I am sure she has seen it all. Ethan weighed in at 21lbs 9oz, which is the 10th% for weight, he was 33 1/2 in tall, which is the 93rd% for height. He is my little string bean. He is also the pickiest eater but I have still yet to figure out where he gets that from?:):) He refuses every type of meat I offer and does not like juice or milk so water is his beverage of choice. The doctor was not too worried about the no meat,milk or juice thing. She said most kids go through this at some point. She did suggest I allow him to self feed all of his meals. This will be hard for me as the mess freaks me out. I let him eat his sandwiches, crackers, toast the normal finger foods. When it comes to the oatmeal, mac and cheese, yogurt, jello I handle that:) I will try to let go a little and deal with it. I am sure he will have a good time playing and exploring all the food:) Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

Jeffrey and Tiffany said...

Good luck! I wish you well and I really hope you have a camera handy the first couple of times he digs into the oatmeal. :)

The Grasmans said...

You can do it girl! I'm a little nervous about getting to that point too! I need one of those floor mats under the high chair! And the bath tub will have to be ready, just in case:)