Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

I have no pictures to share because all weekend Ethan, Corey and I stayed home sick until Monday we were all a little stir crazy and headed to my Mom's for some food and the pool. Corey has been so busy at work the last few weeks (well pretty much every since I met him) but even busier the last few and we just keep saying how we could not wait until this weekend to be together. It seems I have filled up my evenings so we eat dinner (which is a plus) and then I am out the door to something. So we were just looking forward to being together all three of us. We thought we might go have a picnic or walk the East Race but God had another plan for us which was the best plan. Saturday I spent most of the day on the couch sleeping and in between my naps I watched my husband the best father to Ethan play and take such good care of him and to be honest he took very good care of me. Getting my sprite and making me toast. Sunday came along and I was still a mess so we tried going to the Immediate care center but with a two and half hour wait, I said lets try some different medicine so off to Walgreen's we went. I took some Aleve Cold and Sinus and it dried me right up! I think that will be my new medicine of choice:) So Sunday we just all took naps together and hung out all together which ended up being the best time together. As most of you know Corey and I are kind of spastic so we decided to go over to Mom's on Monday despite the ear infections, sinus infections and runny noses, which I might add were doing much better by Monday morning. Ethan was so good just playing on the deck and enjoying some outdoor time since we had been in all weekend. Its amazing how fast your plans can change and what you thought would be the "best" weekend was not what you thought at all. God knew that I needed that extra love and care from Corey on Saturday and that Ethan needed those bonding moments. Phil. 4:19 says "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." What a great reminder that God always knows our needs and will meet each one of them every time.

No comments: